Mastercard® Flight Delay Pass
The number of people flying for leisure and business has risen dramatically over the years, and along with it, flight delays. Rather than let one upset your travel plans, safeguard your time with Mastercard Flight Delay Pass.
Should you encounter a delay lasting 2 hours or more, Mastercard Flight Delay Pass grants you complimentary access to over 1000 airport lounges in more than 100 countries.
Who does this service cover?
This exclusive service is complimentary for World and World Elite Mastercard® Credit, Debit and Commercial card holders, and you are entitled to register up until 15 November 2018. In addition, you may invite up to 3 guests also travelling on the same flight — friends, family or business associates — to join you in the lounge.
Airport lounge access
Besides providing you with a quiet and comfortable space to relax in, airport lounges offer a wide array of amenities*:
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments
- Free newspapers and magazines
- Free Wi-Fi and device charging stations
- Conference and business facilities
How does it work?
- To activate Mastercard® Flight Delay Pass, simply register your flight online for yourself and your travel companion. You can register flights** up until 15 November 2018.
- Flight registration must take place no later than 6 hours prior to a flight's scheduled departure. You will need to register any additional or return flights separately. You will receive a confirmation email to acknowledge your registration.
- Should you change your mind, you may cancel your registration at least 6 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight.
- In the event of a flight delay*** announcement of 2 hours or more, we will immediately send you an email and SMS with your Mastercard Flight Delay Pass which will entitle you to complimentary airport lounge access. This service is also available in the case of rolling delays, eventually adding up to 2 hours or more.
- Simply present your lounge access email or SMS at any eligible lounge to redeem your complimentary admission.
* Amenities may vary depending on the lounge.
** A flight is defined as a single scheduled airline flight under a single flight number.
*** Delay must be officially announced by the airline as outlined and reported to our flight status data service provider